Join Our Team
An internship is a great way to get your career started off in the right direction and can lead to long-term opportunities. By enrolling as an intern, you’ll be participating in a hands-on internship experience. You’ll be placed under full-time team members, helping to support the day-to-day operations of the Project Management team including both administrative and construction-related procedures. Throughout the duration of the internship, the candidate will familiarize themselves with the different aspects of the construction industry as well as the R.W. Murray Co. methodology. The candidate will also learn the history of R.W. Murray Co. and the corporate culture. Many of our current Project Managers began as Interns and are now a part of the R.W. Murray Co. team full-time. At the end of the Intern period, it is the intent that each successful candidate will be further offered an opportunity to continue a career with R.W. Murray Co.
Interns assist the Project Management team with the following duties: preparation of bid proposals, material tracking and procurement, subcontract awards, scheduling, job coordination, cost controls and invoicing. The candidate will collaborate with field operations and workforce to further assist with preliminary design, quality control and management of punch list items.This position typically reports to Project Managers and/or the Vice President of Project Management.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university. Building Construction, Engineering or Architecture concentration is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task, handling and prioritizing multiple duties in a deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative, flexible and demonstrates excellent teamwork ability
- Exhibits a positive attitude with a passion for our industry
- Aptitude to learn; ability to follow direction yet a willingness to take the initiative
- Self-motivated with a desire to continually improve one’s knowledge and abilities
- Ability to actively participate in industry-related social events and R.W. Murray Co. culture activities.
Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate a willingness to work with and learn the following industry-specific software products:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Scheduling software (MS Project)
- CAD Drawing software (Adobe and/or Bluebeam)
- Web-based tracking and reporting software (MS Project Online and/or SharePoint)