R.W. Murray Co. actually dates back to 1959, when the original office opened in St. Louis, Missouri. After that point, regional offices were established throughout the U.S. and in 1987 our office in Northern Virginia was opened with the purpose of serving the Greater Washington Metro Area. A short time after that, we became independently owned and operated. We have worked hard to provide dedicated and value-driven construction services to clients ever since we first laid roots in Northern Virginia.
President, Steve Daves, and CEO, Chuck Loving, joined the team shortly after the office's 1987 opening and purchased the company from its original owner under a succession plan at the end of 2009. Jonathan Barbour then went on to become Vice President of Project Management and R.W. Murray Co.’s third co-owner. Our portfolio speaks to our success in these last thirty years and, today, we're proud to continue offering construction services in the industrial, private education, retail, office, healthcare, restaurant and other commercial facilities.
After thirty years of conducting business in the Northern Virginia area, we still operate under our essential service values, our exemplary safety programs, and, at the height of our ideology, our motto and mantra which is to “Always Do Right.”